Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Break In

I finally got to break into my bee hives this evening, two days longer than I expected. Everything looked great! The queens were out of their cages, and the bees are pulling comb. They drank almost a quart and a half of sugar water today per hive! Before long they will have some comb completed and the queen can start laying.
My wife Lindsey has had a change of heart and has taken interest in the bees. She went out with me this evening and helped me. She actually spotted the queen in both of the hives. She was excited to have spotted them out of all the of the other bees and I was excited that my queens were alive and well. After watching me smoke the first hive Lindsey wanted to do the second one. She took the smoker and smoked the hive just like a pro! I am sooo happy that she has taken an interest. I know I have promised some pics of install day, and I will get them up before long!

1 comment:

  1. Jarrod,
    That is so great! I'm glad you and your wife are doing something so fun. I still can't wait for some Dexterville HONEY!!! YEAH! Love the blog. Talk to you soon.
    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete

 
html hit counte code download
Click for free url submission service.