Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bee Hives Have Arrived!!

Today was bee hive pick-up day....YEAAA! I already knew everything I wanted because I have been reading up, and I have a 2009 Kelley's catalogue, with every page marked that has something on it that I will need, and expect to buy. So here we go to clarkson @ 8am this morning (early Saturday mornings...BLAH! New bee stuff...YEEAA! So it kinda evened out). By we I mean Me, my marked up Kelley's book, and my Momma. Aren't Mommas good company? That and I the fact I knew she would be up that early on a Saturday morning anyway! All turned out well, except for the fact that I spent about a hundred more dollars than I was expecting too. The thing is when they read the list back off to me before I payed, I totally agreed that everything that they read off I NEEDED! I think the extra hundred came from some little upgrades and things that I overlooked, like extra nails (bee hives take allot of nails!) wire for my frame foundations (what bees make the honeycomb on), also I upgraded my hat and jacket to a material that is more lightweight and will be cooler during months like July and august. It is not like they were talking me into buying stuff and I was just falling for it! They told me things that were necessities. You know, things that being a beginner I overlooked, and the upgrade was my Idea. All this is a one time investment anyways,might as well do it right.


I got all my stuff home and assembled part of one of my hives. The reason I did not do more is because Linz had asked me to do some stuff around the house and outside in the yard for her, so I wanted to get that done (being the good husband that I am). Also the assembly and painting of my two hives are going to take all my spare time for at least the next week and that is too long to wait to get the things done that she asked of me, plus it is beautiful outside today! Perfect day for golfing....but that is another post. One more reason that I wanted to get that stuff done for her is because she works on Saturdays, and she is going to die when she comes home and all of this bee stuff is piled up in our living room!!!

The funny thing is....that is not even all of it. Okay, this is classic Jarrod right here. I was at the loading dock @ Kelley's, along with some other people. The lady brought out my stuff sat it of the dolly and said something like here's yours, or here ya go. so I loaded up my stuff in my truck and took off. Well I got home and started assembling some of it and my cell phone rings. It was Mary, the sales lady that I had been working with @ Kelley's. She was like Jarrod you forgot some of you stuff. Sure enough I had! You got to give me credit though, I mean I am a beginner, I was a little excited, and that is allot of stuff already. I guess they have to more big boxes for me set aside that I have to go pick-up sometime this week.

That's it for now. It is too nice outside to be in front of the computer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counte code download
Click for free url submission service.