Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rainy Saturday Testimonial

Rain, rain, GO AWAY! Man, this weather makes me lazy, er, lazier. Not much going on with me right now. Still building bee hives. It has been a week since I picked them up and I am still not finished, and it is not for lack of trying!

I did get some good news this week...I am going to be an uncle!! I have never been an uncle before, it kinda makes me feel old, all my uncles are old. That was kinda random, huh? Anyways, Lindsey's older sister Jamie is going to have a little girl, and Lindsey has been visiting them in Louisville this week.

Other than that nothing is really going on.

But, I have had this song in my head for days so I think I will share the words w/ you guys. Most of you that read this blog will never have heard it, but it has been in my head over and over and over this week. I guess it kinda hits home with me because of what the Lord has done for me, and I want to go on with him. I am grateful for the lifestyle the Lord brought me out of, and I want to live the rest of my life in such a way that is pleasing to him. I want to live my life in such a way that I am an acceptable sacrifice to the Lord.
Romans chapter 12 verses 1 & 2 says:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies and living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
I could give my testimony now, but I am not going to give it all. I don't feel that it is time to share that all of it. I will share that the Lord delivered me from a loose lifestyle and a deadly drug addiction. I had to humble myself and ask for his help, but when I did, he delivered! Not immediately, but he delivered.
Psalms 116 says : I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
The Lord heard little ole me, a drug addicted nobody, and changed my life! HALLELUJAH! Now, I will say this, I didn't just ask for help and then continue living however. I asked for help, and continued to seek God's will in my life. I wanted to change, and God used my willing heart, to perform a miracle that is visible to me and to all that knew me or about me.
Well, I have went on longer than I intended too on this topic, But I love to tell people about the mercy and grace of God!! And I am always willing to go into detailed conversation about my experience and how looking back I can see God's hand in my life, if anyone wants to talk about it. I have spoke at the jail and testified about it in several churches, I am not ashamed. No, I am ashamed of the things I did, NOT the things the Lord did for me.

Here are the lyrics to that song..

It's My Desire Lord
It's my desire Lord; to help someone today,
someone who may have failed to see God's way.
I too was so lost,
But now I'm found,
and it's desire to live for Him.
Chorus
If you could see where Jesus brought me from
to where I am right now,
then you would know the reason why I love Him so.
you can take this worlds wealth and riches,
I don't need them now.
It's my desire, to live for him
It's my desire Lord to work for you today,
to never fail to see your perfect way,
sometimes the road is rough,
But I'll keep my goal in view.
And it's my desire to be like You.
Chorus
Now, it's my desire to see your face someday,
to worship at your feet eternally.
Lord I will do my best to live like you each day,
and it is my desire to be like You!
Chorus 2x
Note: I did not write this song!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
html hit counte code download
Click for free url submission service.