Thursday, March 5, 2009

Busy Busy Blogger

Busy busy busy, that's me lately! But I have been busy doing stuff that I want to do, not stuff I have to do. That makes it better. It just seems like I am going somewhere all the time.

I just got through eating a delicious supper that my wonderful wife cooked (that should get me some brownie points). No really it was DEE-LISH! Dinner has been put away, she is making strawberry jam, and I am going to catch up on my blogging. AHHH, My favorite chair; COMFY!!

When she gets done with the jam I think we are going to have movie night, either Prince Caspian or Fireproof. I will probably stay in my chair the whole time!! it is good to have a night @ home. It is the only one this week.

My weekend excursion...

Friday night I got to go see Selah perform @ Brentwood baptist church in Brentwood, TN. For those of you who don't know about Brentwood, that is where all the country music singers live. Pretty ritzy place. It is south of Nashville, I think it took Me and Linz about an hour and a half to get there. This church was the biggest church I have ever been in! It reminded me of an airport terminal when I first went in because of the big hallways to the left and right. HUGE!!! There were probably between 1000 and 1250 people in the audience and by my guesstimation it probably could have held a total of 2500 people. HUGE!!! I mean Hillview Heights and Living Hope churches in Bowling Green have nothing on this place. HUGE!!! Here is a scale replica of the church.


I found this while wondering around one of the "airport hanger" hallways. I know you can't really get a good idea of the actual size of this place but think about this, the area in the middle with the silver around is the sanctuary, so if it holds 2-3000 people. Yeah, like I said HUGE!!!


Now for Selah. I won't spend much time on it other than to say the were great!!! WOW!!! Only the best voices I have ever heard. What is really amazing is that they use their voices to edify the Lord. Sure they make money @ it, the Lord has blessed them. If you have never heard Selah go and buy one of their Cd's, or message me and I will let you hear one of mine. The concert was a fundraiser for the Hope Clinic for women (which I talked about and left a link for in a previous post so I am not going to go into detail about here). I am going to post one pic from the concert.


The guy you can barely see in the back left is their piano player/backup singer (he played the fire out of that piano!) The lady standing up is one lead singer don't remember her name), the guy on right is another lead singer (his name is Todd), and the girl in the middle is Todd's wife, her name is Angie. got it?? The wife is not a singer. OK now that we have that straight. Angie writes a little blog you may have heard of called Bring The Rain. About a year ago Todd and Angie found out that they were going to have a baby, then well into the pregnancy they found out something was wrong with the baby and it would not live but a couple minutes once it had been delivered. (for the fully story as written by Angie read this) That is how they got in with the Hope clinic for women, because Angie and Todd wanted to help women that are pregnant and need help. Women that want to keep their babies but with out a place like the Hope Clinic may have to abort, and counseling for those that have had to make that decision. Anyways that is how they got hooked up with the hope clinic, and the whole reason for the concert, it was a fundraiser. The concert was great, and the money went to a good cause, and we got to sing praises to the Lord with our fave group! We are so blessed to be able to spend our extra time doing things like this. That was Friday night. Friday night is always church night for us in Oboro, but we made an exception this Friday night.

I will post about the rest of the weekend later, I still have Saturday and Sunday to tell you about!! Linz is ready to watch a movie. I think we are going to watch some of season 5 of Friends instead of one of those movies. We are working our way through the series.

Oh I almost forgot! Since this is my Bee Blog and all. I am going to pick up my bee hives Saturday. This is about two weeks earlier than I had planned on, but I am going to be gone from March 22 to April 3. My Bee pick-up date is April 11, so I want to make sure I have enough time to assemble my hives. Trust me it is not just a day long project to put those things together. Wish Me Luck!!! I plan on posting pics as I do construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counte code download
Click for free url submission service.